Do you live in a San Diego Wildfire Zone and are considering Replacement Windows?
San Diego County Building Codes state that if you live in a high risk wildfire zone and you are replacing your windows then there are a few things you need to comply with when replacing your windows.
- Exterior windows/doors shall be insulate-glass (dual-glazed)
- A minimum of (1) one tempered pane.
- Glass block units are acceptable too.
- And all must have a fire resistance rating of not less than 20 minutes.
- Vinyl window frames and sash must have welded corners.
Provided below are a few links to zoning maps. Check to see if your home falls within a high risk wildfire zone. Your new replacement windows must be W.U.I.B.S. compliant.
Useful links for San Diego Wildfire Zone Replacement Windows
Coughlin Windows and Doors offers San Diego wildfire zone replacement windows and doors. Call today to learn more about your options and possible rebates.